Terms & Conditions
These General Terms and Conditions take effect as from May 2021 and are governed by Dutch law.
Article 1 – Let’s get some clarity first…
What we mean when we write:
- Account: The personal digital environment on the Website to which the Client has access in order to make use of the Service.
- Content: The range of information made available to the Client by People masterminds by way of the Website, including, but not limited to, courses, videos, texts and the layout of the Service.
- Service: People masterminds school; our online platform which contains courses that subscribers can follow.
- Intellectual Property: All intellectual and industrial rights related to the Service and the Website and all Content made available by way of the Website.
- Client: The natural person, company or institution with whom/which People masterminds has concluded an Agreement, hereinafter also referred to as "You” or “Your”.
- People masterminds: That’s us. People masterminds is a trading name of Rabble and Engaged People and driven by Kristel Moedt and Eveliese Luiting.
- Agreement: The agreement of these General Terms and Conditions and the use of our Service between People masterminds and the Client and any other possible obligations entered into by People masterminds and/or the Client under these General Terms and Conditions.
- Website: The People masterminds school platform that is made available via the website school.peoplemasterminds.com and its underlying web pages.
Article 2 – Access to the Service
- You can access the Service by registering an Account on the website. On registration, You receive direct access to the Service.
- You guarantee that the data provided upon registering the Account is correct.
- If You are a natural person, You declare that you’re at least 18 years of age. If You haven’t reached the age of 18, You declare that You received the express consent of Your parents or legal representatives prior to registering an Account and making use of the Service.
Article 3 - Use of the Service
- The Service consists of granting You access to the Website, thereby allowing You to pursue training courses using the Content made available on the Website.
- Subject to the conditions set forth in these General Terms and Conditions and for the duration of the Agreement, People masterminds gives You a limited, personal, revocable, non-exclusive and non-transferable right to use the Service, including the Website and the Content, for personal study purposes.
- The activities performed by You within the framework of the Service, including usage of the Website and communication with other clients via the Service, may not:
- be based on untruths and/or misleading;
- be found to be discriminatory, violent, pornographic, illegal, needlessly offensive or otherwise inappropriate, in the opinion of People masterminds;
- contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, bots or other programs that may damage, delete or take over an automated work or render it unusable or inaccessible, or which are intended to circumvent the technical security measures of the Website and/or the computer systems of the Service;
- involve the use of any software or hardware tools and/or solutions (privately held or made available by third parties) which are designed to copy any Content made available via the Service or to spider, scrape, search or otherwise improperly use and/or access the Website;
- be applied for commercial or promotional purposes, unless authorised in writing by People masterminds;
- infringe the rights of People masterminds and/or third parties, including but not limited to Intellectual Property and rights in relation to the protection of privacy;
- be unlawful in any other fashion;
- be damaging to the interests and reputation of People masterminds.
Article 4 – Availability of the Service
- In providing the Service, People masterminds is obliged to do its very best. People masterminds provides no guarantee that the Website and the Service will be accessible at all times and without any interruption and/or breakdown. No liability whatsoever attaches to People masterminds nor will it be obliged to indemnify You in the event of any damage arising or ensuing from a (temporary) unavailability or (interim) inaccessibility of the Service.
- People masterminds shall be at liberty at any time, without prior notification and with no obligation to indemnify You, to (temporarily) suspend access to the Service, the Website and/or the Contents or parts thereof and/or to limit the use thereof if People masterminds deems this necessary.
- No liability whatsoever attaches to People masterminds in regard to the services offered by third parties in connection with the Website and the Service.
Article 5 – Payment
- A periodic fee or one-off payment may be payable by the You based on People masterminds’ rates and other arrangements related to the usage of the Service. All rates are expressed in euro (EUR). Unless stated otherwise, all rates are exclusive of VAT.
Article 6 - Confidentiality and personal data
- All information provided by You will be treated in confidence by People masterminds, its staff and/or by all persons engaged by People masterminds.
- You are in complete agreement with People masterminds’s processing of personal data in connection with the registration of the Account and usage of the Service.
Article 7 – Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property rights are vested in People masterminds and/or its licensors. No part of these General Terms and Conditions serves to assign any rights to You or to third parties.
- Unless explicitly provided for under these General Terms and Conditions, the You will in the absence of prior written consent from People masterminds not be permitted to:
- download, copy, transfer, reproduce, process or distribute (any part of) the Service and/or the Content (or arrange for this to be done) in any manner or form and for any purpose whatsoever;
- retrieve or re-use substantial parts of the Website and/or the Content, or repeatedly and systemically retrieve or re-use non-substantial parts of the Website and/or Content, as described in the Databases (Legal Protection) Act;
- remove, hide or alter notifications or messages concerning Intellectual Property, or render them illegible;
- register domain names, brands or Google Adwords related to the Service.
Article 8 – Liability
- When People masterminds is required to indemnify You due to any loss or damage, the indemnity, irrespective of the cause will be limited in all instances to:
- Direct damage (therefore excluding liability in respect of indirect damage, such as consequential damage, losses due to delays, loss of profits and loss of revenue); and
- All payments made by You to People masterminds in the current calendar year for use of the Service for which People masterminds is deemed liable.
- People masterminds offers no guarantees, promises or indemnities with respect to the quality security, legitimacy, completeness, integrity and accuracy of the Content of the Service.
Article 9 – Duration and termination
- People masterminds has the liberty to terminate the Service or Agreement or a part thereof without giving reasons and without giving notice. In case of termination by People masterminds, You will be obliged to pay no more than the payment due up to and including the termination date.
- People masterminds is entitled at any time without giving reasons or any advance explanation to (temporarily) restrict, suspend or close down the Service, to remove the Account temporarily or permanently, to issue a warning and to terminate the provision of services or to refuse the provision of same, in particular in, but not limited to, instances in which:
- You act in any way in breach of these General Terms and Conditions.
- People masterminds takes the view that the Your actions may cause damage to People masterminds or third parties;
- Upon termination of the Agreement, for whatever reason, the Your right to use the Service will cease with immediate effect and access to the Service will be refused immediately. The Account will be removed by People masterminds upon termination. People masterminds is obliged to provide any Content to You upon termination of the Agreement.